If your business website is experiencing downtime, taking action is important. Rather than being surprised and wishing for a better solution, it is necessary to check service outage regularly, especially if the website is being used for business purposes.
Uptime refers to the duration in which a system operates without any issues. Uptime monitoring assesses this metric as a percentage to gauge the system’s reliability or stability.
A system with prolonged uptime is preferable as it operates effectively and doesn’t need frequent maintenance or administrative support. Special tools can help you maintain a seamless user experience and also enable you to take preventive measures before any potential issues arise.
Key reasons why website monitoring is important
- Online businesses need to prioritize a great user experience on their website. Otherwise, customers may leave or not return, resulting in lost revenue. Search engines like Google take note of this and may rank the website lower. But you still can check Blackboard outage or monitor any other website to prevent such issues.
- Better brand reputation – A website is crucial for building a company’s brand image. It’s usually the first stop for customers seeking information about your business before purchasing. If the website frequently goes offline due to an unreliable monitoring system, it damages the brand’s reputation associated with being competent and prosperous.
- Effective website monitoring software is essential to prevent potential lost sales and improve customer satisfaction. If a website is constantly down, visitors cannot access what they expect from the business, causing frustration and potentially driving them to another site. This can seriously damage the company’s reputation among existing and future customers, ultimately affecting the business’s profitability.
- Improved availability to engage with your existing customers – After establishing an online presence, it is important to ensure that your website remains accessible all the time. This lets you connect directly with existing customers who have demonstrated interest in your brand. If your website experiences frequent and prolonged downtimes, customers may lose confidence in your business and explore other alternatives.
- To prevent security breaches, keep in mind that your website can be scanned by attackers looking for vulnerabilities to exploit. If such an event occurs, your website monitoring service will promptly alert you of any malware or viruses, enabling you to address the issue before it becomes too severe.
- The website monitoring tool will notify you immediately in case of any downtime so you can promptly work on returning online. This service helps ensure that you take advantage of potential sales and can attract more customers by staying operational all the time.
What factors can cause downtime?
Web hosting servers consist of various important elements such as network connections, operating systems, database components, and server hardware. If any of these elements fail unexpectedly, your website may go down without warning for seconds or minutes. During a site-wide crash, downtime may be prolonged and last for several hours.
If you are experiencing a significant amount of downtime, consider changing your hosting company. If you do, review hosting platforms with an uptime guarantee and look for verified third-party reviews.
Also, read each hosting platform’s service level agreement (SLA) to verify what the reported “server uptime guarantee” specifies. Sometimes, a host’s advertising will mention a 99.9% uptime guarantee, but the fine print won’t specify what this guarantee entails.